So You Want to be Like Jesus? Really? 2
- Categorized in: Godthoughts Wired (Blog)
GodThoughtsWired! Wednesday, July 25, 2012
|Evangelizing the Church in the Age of Delusion
In the advertisement for his best-sellling book "Become a Better You," Joel Osteen declares, "God always wants us to increase" (click here to listen). The problem of course, is that the "god" he is ignorantly (I hope) refering to is "the god of this world," the Devil, not the God of the Bible.
"He (Jesus) must increase, I must decrease."
To truly become like Jesus is to "decrease." More of God, less of me. More of His will, less of mine. Living for the glory of God...at the cost of my own glory (look again at Jesus' definition of Christianity, Matthew 16:24-26).
Recently, God spoke to me during an early morning prayer meeting saying,
"Everything in your life that was
going to move you in the direction
of YOUR glory, I strongly opposed.
And everything that would move
you in the direction of MY glory,
I strongly supported."
As I have since reflected back on the key circumstances, situations and events that have shaped my life, using this revelation as a grid, I find myself transformed by it.
So how 'bout you? Is it possible that this revelation is not just about me? Is it possible that this is God's posture in the life of every true believer?
Please follow us on:
- Jesus...IS GOD!
- So What's Your Excuse?
- WHO YOU GONNA BELIEVE? ESPN Writer or Mega-Church Pastor
- An INTERVIEW with Pastor Brad: Part 3 of 5
- Political Man!
- An INTERVIEW with Pastor Brad: Part 2 of 5
- An INTERVIEW with Pastor Brad: Part 1 of 5
- The World's Greatest Invitation! 2
- The World's Greatest Invitation! 1
- Jason Collins: Real Life Stories from the Age of Delusion
View Daily Calender