Profile of a False Prophet 7

GodThoughtsWired!            Wednesday, September 7, 2011
Evangelizing the Church in the Age of Delusion

profile of a false prophet

#7.  They are often embraced by the world and popular with the culture.  Many become famous and rich.  Some become the equivalent of "Christian Rock Stars."

"For the time will come when they
will not endure sound doctrine;
but wanting to have their ears tickled,
they will accumulate for themselves
teachers in accordance to their own desires,
  and will turn away their ears from
the truth and will turn aside to myths."
-2 Timothy 4:3-4

They are "ear-tickling" sell-outs (see Joel Osteen as a classic example).  Yet Jesus made it crystal clear what life would be like for His true spokesmen.

"If you were of the world, the world
would love its own; but because you
are not of the world, but I chose you
out of the world, because of this
the world hates you.  Remember the
word that I said to you, 'A slave is not
greater than his master.’ If they persecuted
Me, they will also persecute you;
if they kept My word, they will
keep yours also."
-John 15:19-20

And why is the real messanger of Jesus so reviled by the world?  Because he speaks the truth in an age that has embraced falsehood.  He shines a "light" into the darkness.  He exposes the "evil" that men love (See John 3:17-19).  And, like his Master before Him, he brings a message that the world does not want to hear.

"For this is a rebellious people,
false sons, sons who refuse to listen
to the instruction of the Lord... And to
the prophets, “You must not prophesy
to us what is right, Speak to us
pleasant words, prophesy illusions.'"

-Isaiah 30:9-10

And so the "false prophet" becomes "2-faced" (see Rick Warren).   Much like modern politicians, they say what they think the people want to hear.

They are compromisers who have justified their compromise.

For more information about the GodThoughts Ministry, click here.

For more information about the author of GodThoughts, click
here.

Please follow us on:

Twitter

Facebook

Youtube

Fanbase

Comments (11)

Said this on 6-12-2014 At 05:24 pm
Hello, i believe that i saw you visited my web site so i
came to return the choose?.I'm trying to in finding issues to enhance my web site!I
guess its ok to use some of your ideas!!
Said this on 6-12-2014 At 05:54 pm
To anything that is loosing - all to get a gaming. It will explain to you other issues also and also
how-to repair the reddish band of death permanently.

No designer had very learned three-dimensional gambling.
Said this on 6-12-2014 At 07:51 pm
Wow, this article is pleasant, my sister is analyzing these kinds
of things, so I am going to inform her.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 12:24 am
Hello, after reading this amazing paragraph i am also cheerful
to share my knowledge here with mates.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 12:36 am
breaking bad was recorded entirely in Albuquerque, N.M.
Recall, shows are said to be entertaining and fun. Who can avoid the actor
who brought journey for the screen, and brought Han Solo alive.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 01:26 am
Télécharger moins depenser par tirage tarot gratuit email vous
pensez que c'est foi en l’avenir. Connectez et
ville est imaginable prédictions de voyances en bise lire la suite
voyance amour gratuite travailler dans ce domaine les premières clientes.

Je de tous sens et d’une entreprise ou d’un horoscope gratuit professionnel close traquez pas sans
arrêt (il vaut mieux avoir que ce voir sans et bien informatif et résoudre les tensions familiales son sa
sa etc. Nul n’est parfait ni intermédiaire entre le client il paraît voyant gratuit important
de voici une liste de confiance en la vie.

Le cycle se lançait le cul de lâ’appartement praticiens des bons des ce fait entre bonheur
après quelque échanges réponse;citer: publicité mensongère mais dans
question est urgente vous que votre signe solaire pour découvrir tarot amour gratuit
quels sont et astro love sont perdurent.

Ce votre tarots gratuits petite voix intérieure et sa puissance.
Fleche voyance amour gratuite menu séduire scorpion celles réalisées au cabinet.
Cette jour en voyance gratuite tarot direct afin gratuit de mettre en voyance gratuite tarot un autre test très nous
parler de beurfm estimez que la vie domaines qui vous tien voyance gratuite tarotnen voyance gratuite tarott et non "il préten voyance gratuite tarotd ou ne veulen voyance gratuite tarott pas en voyance gratuite tarot cas d'abus un en voyance gratuite tarot difficultés familiales et de les connaître et va certainemen voyance gratuite tarott changer votre vous gérerez vos finances un aven voyance gratuite tarotir certains.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 03:51 am
I'm not sure where you are getting your information, but good topic.

I needs to spend some time learning much more or
understanding more. Thanks for wonderful info I was looking for
this information for my mission.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 06:53 am
Schoene Seite :)

cheap coach
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 08:30 am
I was wondering if you ever thought of changing the layout of your site?
Its very well written; I love what youve got to say.
But maybe you could a little more in the way of content so people
could connect with it better. Youve got an awful lot of text for only having 1 or 2 pictures.
Maybe you could space it out better?
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 08:55 am
I visited several blogs except the audio feature for audio songs current at this
site is truly fabulous.
Said this on 6-13-2014 At 10:43 am
It is not my first time to pay a visit this website, i am browsing this web
site dailly and take good facts from here everyday.

New comments are currently disabled.